Assists Businesses in Hiring & Training
How Does It Work:
- Employer interviews OJT candidates through COIC referrals or employer’s own talent search.
- COIC confirms eligibility and the employer makes the hiring decision.
- Trainee completes training plan lasting one to 6 months, working 30+ hours per week, and at a wage of at least $2 an hour over the local minimum wage.
- COIC provides partial reimbursement of training wages.
- Trainee retains permanent full-time employment.
- Prompt payments with a minimum of paperwork.
- Trained staff to assist employer through all phases of the OJT.
- An opportunity for employers to train employees their way.
- The written contract must be signed prior to the first day of work.
- Job openings and employees must meet eligibility requirements.
- Position cannot be less than 30 hours per week, temporary or seasonal (note: some seasonal jobs with short lay-off periods may be acceptable).
- Position requires training beyond a brief period of orientation.
- Principal method of payment cannot be commission or piecework.
Interested Employers and Job Seekers, please contact: