Jefferson Co. Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan – Update
COIC is working in collaboration with Jefferson County, local emergency service agencies, state and federal agencies, and others to complete the five-year review and rewrite of Jefferson County’s Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan (NHMP) in 2020-2022. Each five-year update to Jefferson County’s NHMP must be approved by FEMA so that the County is eligible for federal funds to carry out mitigation planning and projects.
An NHMP identifies hazards, vulnerabilities, and risks facing a local, state, or tribal government, and prioritizes actions to reduce the risks. An NHMP has two core parts: a risk assessment and a mitigation strategy. The Jefferson County NHMP is a multi-jurisdictional, county-wide plan that assesses and outlines mitigation strategies for hazards specific to our geography, as well as for each of the three communities in the county: Metolius, Culver, and Madras.
A successful NHMP review process must include:
- The most up to date information for each local hazard, maps, and other relevant data;
- Documentation of the NHMP review process;
- Opportunities for public engagement and feedback on the plan;
- Participation from representatives of each jurisdiction to be included in the plan (unless a community decides to create their own NHMP); and
- Documentation of adoption of the mitigation plan addendum for each jurisdiction.
The 2013 Jefferson County Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan is available here.
Public Input Opportunity
Do you live in Jefferson County? Join the public input session for the Jefferson County 2021 NHMP during the September 30, 2021 Jefferson County Planning Commission meeting at 5:30pm. Materials for the meeting are availabe below; please contact Shelby Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Jefferson County MNHMP_DRAFT1_2021
- 2021_09_30_Public Input Meeting_Jefferson NHMP_Agenda
- Public Input Meeting PowerPoint
Meeting ID: 838 3879 0562| Passcode: 425082 | Call-in #: +1 669 900 6833
April 20, 2021
- Meeting Notes
- Community Hazard Survey Results
- Scope of Work and Timeline
- NHMP Changes Memo V4
- Action Item Worksheet Template
- NHMP – Grants Program
- Jefferson Co Economic Analysis
- Community Resources Table
March 16, 2021
February 16, 2021
- February 16, 2021 Meeting Agenda
- February 16, 2021 Meeting Notes
- 2/16 NHMP Changes Memo
- Extreme Heat Considerations
January 19, 2021
December 14, 2020